Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Girls' 1st Race!

Fitness is a large part of my life. It has been for the past 10 years or so when I lost almost 40 pounds!

I would love to pass along to our girls the love of exercise and teach them to love being healthy and physically active.  
{Note: I do NOT want to teach my kids that being "SKINNY" equates to being healthy. I will probably never be skinny/model thin and that is perfectly fine with me!}

So, when the girls' gym coach told us about the Red Nose Race, we signed up right away! Our city had a hugely popular adult marathon and some local businesses sponsored a smaller race for the kids to participate in the same weekend. 


 Warming up before the race. It was a cool morning, but turned out to be a nice, fall day!
 Elle at the starting line.
 Our family:)
 My husband ran with Ce Ce and I ran with Em. For some reason, she didn't feel like running with the bigger kids.
 Elle crossing the finish!
Our little athletes:-)

What ways do you incorporate fitness into your lives?
We would LOVE to hear about it!
Blessings,
Aria:)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...