Saturday, October 23, 2010

~Point to Ponder~

"Are you a THERMOSTAT or a THERMOMETER???"

 

 God just put this in my heart and I thought I would share this with you all. Both are related to temperature, but they are fundamentally different. You see, we ALL have the ability to be a thermometer. Someone that simply reports the temperature, the climate, the atmosphere ...of our homes/work environment/relationships etc. BUT, it takes special effort to CHOOSE to be a THERMOSTAT! You see, a thermostat makes adjustments to CHANGE the temperature/atmosphere!! Do you simply complain or do you DO something to IMPROVE the situation? Do you warm up a room when you arrive or are you like a blast of cold air? Do others get warmed by your encouragement or chilled by your words? It is so easy to be affected by other people's emotions/moods/bitterness/words etc. But, you also have the same POWER to influence other people's moods/spirits/emotions by adjusting YOUR vibe to encourage them! Powerful point to ponder....I am going to meditate on this for sure!



2 comments:

Annette W. said...

Great illustration!

Rachael said...

I am a thermometer. I need to change that but its easier said than done. Pray for me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...