Monday, September 3, 2012

{Impromptu} State History Center Visit

Our family loves exploring new places. Last Sunday after church, my husband and I decided to check out our local State History Center. We had never been there before, and the girls had a BLAST!!
Mind you, they were dressed in "church clothes", and I was totally unprepared with our snack bag and waters, so we only spent a couple of hours there. 

I think this would be a PERFECT location for a {H.E.E.T} TOUR!

Here is a sneak peak of our History Center visit.
Enjoy!

It is a really neat museum that also has a Village set up just like it would've looked in the late 1800's. 
There are houses, a church, a school house, a government building, bank, funeral home, pharmacy, town center, hotel/boarding house, community garden and more. 

It was so fun!
Imagine me trying to explain what a Telegraph was!!! 
I think I learn as much, if not more, as our children do while homeschooling:-)!

Blessings,
Aria:)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...