We saw these super-cute snowmen made out of home made play dough and had a fun time making them with the girls! Really simple and really fun!
Here's the recipe:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons white tempera paint
- 1 tablespoon white or iridescent glitter
- A few drops of peppermint extract (optional)
- To make a batch, combine all of the ingredients except the peppermint extract (if using) in a medium-size pan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture holds together, about 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and roll onto wax paper, knead and let cool.Store in plastic zipper bag in the refrigerator.We also have been having a wonderful time celebrating the New Year!!!It is our family tradition to spend a quiet evening at home eating ourfavorite home made appetizers (turkey meatballs, mini hamburger/sliders,warm crab dip, spinach artichoke dip, bbq chicken wings, buffalo wings, etc)and have a fun family Game Night! This year, bingo was the game of choice;)We had a lot of fun making noisemakers and confetti to ring in the new year!First, we used some small paper plates, folded them in half and filled them withdry macaroni and decorated them!
The girls loved dancing around with theirnew "shakers" and saying "Happy New Year!"Then, we took some empty water bottles, filled themwith dry macaroni and decorated them!Another fun and easy noisemaker!
We kept the left over tissue paper to use as confetti!!From our little family to yours-----------HAPPY NEW YEAR 2011!!!!Blessings,